New FAA Airport Identifer
Effective at 12:01 AM on December 2, 2021, the Tri-County Airport will have a NEW FAA airport identifer-- "KBCR" will be replacing 1J0. This new FAA identifier was due to the hard work of many people and reflects many of the postive changes at the airport, including our new 5398-foot runway, automated weather and a planned second instrument approach.
If it will help you to remember our new identifier, perhaps try thinking "Bonifay Chipley Region".
What other changes have been made recently? And what do we have planned?
- New large box hangars and a taxiway extension were completed in 2020.
- Our automated fuel discounts for tenants have been streamlined.
- A new RNAV 01 instrument approach procedure is scheduled by the FAA.
- Major improvements to our terminal building, new parking and gate access, improvements to our electrical system and a stormwater migigation project are planned beginning in 2022.
- We recently have switched from paper lease agreements to electronic lease agreements, greatly streamlining the process of hangar and tie-down rental. On or before October 1, 2021, our lease applications will also go online.
We're excited about the new changes- hope you are as well!
PO Box 756, Bonifay, FL 32425
1983 Tri-County Airport Road, Bonifay, FL 32425
Mark Wilson, Airport Manager (850) 547-6519